This will enable STP trainees to support the urgent response needed to tackle the COVID-19 crisis. Being placed on the temporary register will allow final year trainees to practise as registered professionals. There is no cost to those entered onto the temporary register.
A special set of criteria for eligibility to fulfil the HCPC’s requirements for entry to the temporary register have been agreed with the Academy of Healthcare Science, as the HCPC approved provider for clinical scientists. The criteria for inclusion in the temporary register are:
- An outcome 1 or 2 from the 2019 Midterm Review of Progress.
- Two full years of the MSc in Clinical Science completed to provide the underpinning knowledge for clinical work.
- At least 50% completion of the trainee’s competencies and assessments in their OneFile e-portfolio.
- The trainee’s training officer to provide:
- confirmation of the trainee’s competence to practise in the current context
- assurance of the appropriate supervision, training and induction for tasks that may be unfamiliar to the trainee.
The School is managing the process to enable this to happen as quickly as possible. The process and FAQs about the temporary register are provided below.