Statement published on 21st May
This year, due to the pandemic and subsequent public health response, we will be conducting all interviews virtually. Access details will be sent to candidates individually.
Interview panels will comprise of a Senior Specialist Scientist and a Senior Member of the NSHCS Leadership Team. For a select number of interviews, there will be a Lay Representative observing the process.
The Interview Structure
Your interview will be 40 minutes long;
- 10-minute presentation with 10 minutes of questions
- 10 minutes leadership questions
- 10 minutes scientific questions
As we are using a virtual platform for interviews this year, candidates will be required to share their desktop screens for the panel to view their presentation.
We will be running sessions for you to have an attempt at sharing your screen to help you become confident with the technology and platform. We highly encourage you to attend a session.
- 16 June 2020: 9am-12pm
- 17 June 2020: 9am-12pm
- 18 June 2020: 9am-12pm
Log in details for the practice sessions will be made available in your individual invites.
Attending your interview:
There will be a briefing each morning at 9am on the day of the interviews.
To participate in the interviews, you will be required to log onto a device that has a camera function. No ‘audio only’ interviews will be taking place.
On the day of your interview, please ensure that you have the following documents with you:
- 2 Photo ID documents inclusive of your Original Passport.
- Evidence of HCPC Professional registration. If professional registration is still underway, please provide one copy of this evidence from the professional body.
- If you have a disability, and require particular arrangements to be made to enable you to attend or if you require support to assist you during the interview, please contact email@example.com on receipt of this notification so we can discuss how we will support you.
- If you are unable to attend your interview, please email the NSHCS Helpdesk Service as soon as possible firstname.lastname@example.org
HSST Interview Schedules
|Clinical Bioinformatics Health Informatics||Clinical Bioinformatics
|Clinical Biochemistry||Clinical Biochemistry|
|Medical Physics||Medical Physics||Medical Physics||Medical Physics|
|Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics|
|Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics||Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics||Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics||Histocompatibility & Immunogenetics|
|Respiratory & Sleep||Respiratory & Sleep||Respiratory & Sleep|
|Cardiac Science||Cardiac Science||Respiratory & sleep||Respiratory & sleep|
|Audiology||Neurophysiology||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics|
|Imaging Physics||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics|
|Clinical Biomedical Engineering||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics||Radiotherapy Physics|
|Cardiac Science||Cardiac Science||Cardiac Science|
|Reproductive Science||Reproductive Science||Reproductive Science|
|Molecular Pathology of Acquired Disease||Molecular Pathology of Acquired Disease|
|1 June||Deadline for candidate confirming interview attendance or declining|
|15 June||Closing day for candidates sending presentations to NSHCS|
|16 June (9am – 12pm)||Technology Testing Session|
|17 June (9am – 12pm)||Technology Testing Session|
|18 June (9am – 12pm)||Technology Testing Session|
|22 June||Interviews for:
Clinical Bioinformatics (Genomics)
|23 June||Interviews for:
|24 June||Interviews for:
|3 July||Offers and confirmations|
|10 July||Hold Deadline|