Important: This event has expired
This event has already happened.
If you are a new or inexperienced assessor, or just want to find out a bit more about the assessment, how it is designed, about reflective writing and the marking criteria, then this workshop is for you.
About this workshop
The aim of this workshop is to build on your experience of assessment and to develop your understanding of its role in the Scientific Training Programme.
By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- critically examine your own values, beliefs and attitudes in relation to assessment
- define what is meant by the term ‘assessment’ including formative and summative assessment
- examine the purposes of assessment
- analyse the characteristics of a good assessment
- evaluate the importance of feedback for formative and summative assessment
This workshop is also available on Monday 23rd May, 12:00pm to 2:00pm.
Register for this webinar
Further assessor workshops for IACC 2022
This workshop is one of two workshops introducing assessment for the STP final assessment, its role and purpose, what makes it a good assessment and the importance of feedback. Part 2 is a workshop on summative assessment and we are also offering a refresher workshop for experienced assessors, highlighting the changes for 2022. All three workshops are available on two different dates and details of these are in our events section.
Appeal for STP final assessment assessors
We are expanding our pool of assessors for the IACC. If you are interested in this opportunity click this link for further details.