The BSAC will be holding two practical workshops at the University Hospital of Wales in Cardiff aimed at those wishing to gain practical experience of the EUCAST methodology.
After this course you will:
- Have knowledge of EUCAST standardised disc testing method
- Have knowledge of antimicrobial resistance in Gram-negative and positive organisms
- Use various methods to detect antimicrobial resistance mechanisms incl. carbapenemases
- Have knowledge of changes in EUCAST guidelines
- Have a better understanding of how to interpret influenzae and S. pneumoniae using EUCAST guidelines
- Have understanding of how EUCAST clinical breakpoints are developed
- Have an understanding of how to test & interpret difficult organisms
- Be able to solve QC susceptibility testing problems
- Be able to improve local susceptibility reporting
- Have an overview of other susceptibility testing methods
- Have an overview of new susceptibility testing technology
Every effort will be made to address the concerns of individual laboratories and ample time will be made for discussion.
The course is RCPath CPD accredited.
- Course fees, transfers and accommodation (only 10 places available) – £900 +VAT (£1080 inc. VAT)
- Course fees and transfers only (no accommodation) – £750 +VAT (£900 inc. VAT)
- Networking dinner on the first evening – £25 + VAT (£30 inc. VAT)
Please note: Registration fees include course lunches, tuition fees, university laboratory fees and transfers from Cardiff city centre to the University Hospital of Wales campus at specified times as indicated on the course programme. Delegates are responsible for making their own travel arrangements.
For information regarding the Standardized Susceptibility Testing Method please contact:
Lead Scientist, Specialist Antimicrobial Chemotherapy Unit
Public Health Wales
University Hospital of Wales
Cardiff CF14 4XW
T: +44 (0)29 2074 6581