This meeting will showcase current work and facilitate discussions about teaching across boundaries in education. It is aimed at Healthcare Scientists of all levels and from all disciplines, but would be especially useful for Lead Healthcare Scientists, managers, and those with an education input within their organisations. This year, the one day conference is being delivered jointly by NECL Healthcare Scientists.
We also welcome non-Healthcare Scientists who are involved with the profession as part of their organisational role, such as Chief Executives, Medical Directors, Directors of Education, and Chief Nurses.
The day will support networking for both trainers and trainees and will consist of a mixture of lectures and workshop sessions that aim to increase attendees knowledge of:
- National Healthcare Scientist educational strategy
- Education theory
- Options for delivering education locally
Confirmed speakers include:
- Ruth Thomsen (Scientific Director, NHS England)
- David Wells (NHS Improvement)
- Tom Warrender (Medical Mavericks)
- Betty Adamou (Research Through Gaming)
- Dr Kerrie Davies (Leeds University)
- Dr Jane Freeman (Leeds University)
- Victoria Heath (Great Ormond Street Hospital NHS Foundation Trust)
- National School of Healthcare Science
Each attendee will have the opportunity to attend 2 workshops from 6 that are available; further speaker and workshop details will follow.
Please note that due to venue charges there is a fee for this conference. However we would not want anyone to be unable to attend due to cost restrictions and so we do have a limited number of bursaries available. If you would like to apply for a bursary, please email either Elaine.firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com for an application form.