Introduction to Assessment – part 1 of 2
Important: This event has expired
This event has already happened.
Are you a new or inexperienced assessor or are you interested in becoming an assessor? Do you want to find out a bit more about the Scientist Training Programme (STP) final assessment, how it is designed, about reflective writing and how it is assessed? Then this workshop is for you.
The aim of this workshop is to build on your experience of assessment and assessing and to develop your understanding of its role in the Scientist Training Programme. By the end of the workshop you will be able to:
- critically examine your own values, beliefs and attitudes in relation to assessment
- define what is meant by the term ‘assessment’ including formative and summative assessment
- examine the purposes of assessment
- analyse the characteristics of a good assessment
- evaluate the importance of feedback for formative and summative assessment