Last Updated: 5th September 2019

Can I obtain professional registration by completing the STP?

You will be eligible to apply for registration with the Health Care Professions Council (HCPC) on completion of the STP and on award of the Certificate of Attainment by the Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS).

After completing some of the more recent STP specialisms, you are able to apply for an AHCS Certificate of Equivalence. The Award of the Certificate of Equivalence will also make you eligible to apply to the HCPC for registration as a clinical scientist. More information is available about theĀ Academy’s certificates.