Types of evidence
Trainees who graduate from the programme with a CCHSST will have successfully demonstrated a standard of achievement that enables registration on the Academy of Healthcare Science (AHCS) Higher Specialist Scientist Register (HSSR) and eligibility for appointment at consultant level.
When applying for certification and to exit the programme, the evidence you are required to submit is dependent on the bespoke pathway and specialism you have chosen to follow.
This will include some or all of the following:
- Successful completion of the Doctor of Clinical Science (DClinSci) in its entirety or component parts dependent on pathway
- Completion of an Innovation Proposal and lay presentation project undertaken as Module C1
- Research Project or Evidence of exemption from Module C2 by virtue of a relevant and timely PhD
- Successful completion of the Fellowship of the Royal College of Pathologists (Life Sciences only)
- Successful completion of CEng (Clinical Biomedical Engineering only)
- Successful completion of the Independent Assessment of Practical Skills (Physical and Physiological Sciences only)
- Workplace-based evidence demonstrating the appropriate application of specialty knowledge and skills through the quality and types of evidence in an e-portfolio (OneFile) and appropriately mapped to the domains of the AHCS Standards of Proficiency for Higher Specialist Scientists and to the learning outcomes of the specialist curriculum (all HSSTs)
- Engagement with the Annual Review of Progression (all HSSTs)
- Sign-off by the workplace-based supervisor as meeting the requirements of the Higher Specialist Scientist Training programme (all HSSTs)