Last Updated: 1st August 2019

I am going abroad for my elective rotation, how do I organise indemnity insurance?

Provision of indemnity insurance for elective periods should be arranged by the host employer and could be achieved by setting up a secondment or oversees agreement or honorary contract via the local HR department. As the School does not employ the trainees there is no programme wide cover as elective periods are tailored to each individual trainee and therefore supported at a local level as each elective opportunity is different. We would recommend that the department speak to their HR department to make the necessary arrangements.