The Bioinformatics Assessor is required to help enhance assessment material for the level 7 apprenticeship standard and subsequently assesses examinations and conduct professional discussions.
As part of this interesting and varied role you must have a logical approach and an eye for detail. Full training will be given and is also an ongoing requirement. Initial training consists of both assessor training and attendance meetings.
Job title: Bioinformatics EPA Assessor
Salary rate: Band 8c Daily Rate Based on Business Demands (or 9 dependents on experience) £300 per day (8 hours max)
Hours: Case Load Determined (minimum 3 days per year)
Number of posts: 6
Position type: Independent Contractor, (regional and national) hosted at the National School of Healthcare Science
All applicants must:
- be currently active professionally in a Bioinformatics role in the industry (typically pharma, biotech or contract research organisation) with more than 5 years of experience, or if retired they must have worked within the industry in a bioinformatics role in the last 5 years
- hold or be working towards an assessor qualification e.g. A1 or a willingness to undertake assessor training with the School
- hold a qualification at level 7 or above in a technical discipline aligned to the subject
- have at least 3 years of experience in academic assessment at level 7 or above and experience of competency-based assessment
Scope of work:
- carrying out and marking assessments where needed, including of the Synoptic Project Report, Presentation and Discussion (Q & A) and Viva-style Professional Conversation
- providing moderation for assessments in response to Synoptic Project Report, Presentation and Discussion and Viva-style Professional Conversation, where required in line with the IFATEs reassessment and resit plan
- attend annual standardisation meetings, moderation meetings, and required Continued Professional Development (CPD) sessions and exam boards
You must have the right to work in the UK, please read this guidance on how verification checks will be carried out.
For further details / informal discussions please contact either:
- Boota Singh, EPA Manager on 0121 695 2225
- Lucy Wright, Graduate Trainee on 0121 695 2291