Evidence required for submitting an ASP programme proposal
- Estimate of potential numbers of ASP trainees for Year 1 of the ASP programme.
- Numbers for additional years should be provided where possible.
Evidence required for academic provider support
- Evidence is required from at least one NSHCS accredited University that they have agreed to provide access to the academic teaching for the ASP Programme content for the numbers of trainees estimated for year one in the ASP Specialty Proposal.
- NSHCS accredited Universities can be found in the Accreditation section of the website
- Evidence attached may include a headed email or letter from the University agreeing to deliver the content to ASP trainees.
- The academic teaching and assessment must follow the appropriate approved NSCHS curricula for the ASP programme content. The delivery method for the academic curriculum content is at the University’s discretion; while it is anticipated ASP trainees will be taught alongside trainees from other NSHCS portfolio programmes other methods of delivery, such as distance learning, may be used.
Evidence required for professional body support
- Evidence of support for the ASP programme in the form of a headed email or letter from the relevant Professional Body can be included where the Professional Body supports the proposal.