The induction will take place on Wednesday 15th September 2021. The main part of the induction event will start at 10:00am and finish at approximately 3:30pm. However, trainees will be able to join the event from 8:00am to interact and network with each other. You will also have the opportunity to network with professional bodies and universities between 9:00am and 4:00pm and socialise via speed networking with fellow trainees until 5:00pm.
The induction event will inform trainees about:
- the training programme
- their responsibilities and that of their training officer
- assessments and competencies
Fellow STP trainees will talk about their experiences of being on the training programme and training officers will share how they conduct work based training in the departments. Trainees will also hear about how the work of healthcare scientists impacts directly on patient care and service delivery in the NHS.
This event will be a fantastic opportunity for all new trainees to find out more about the programme and to network virtually with the School, trainee networks, professional bodies and the universities, as well as with fellow trainees.
Objectives of the event are for you to:
- Learn more about your training programme, how it is facilitated and the support that is available to you.
- Awareness of the appropriate channels of communication.
- Understand your responsibilities and those of your training officer.
- Network with current trainees and find out how to get started with your training.