When to start the process
The standards specify the amount of learning for an Apprentice has to undertake before they can take their EPA. The time between a booking request and assessment is usually 8 weeks. We recommend you register Apprentices with us as early as possible so that they can start using our EPA support services and so that you can plan your bookings.
The 8 week booking window gives you time to manage gateway, submit any evidence needed and confirm the booking dates with us. The booking window may be smaller depending on when you make your booking request.
Once you make a booking request, our EPA team will manage the scheduling with you.
What happens once we receive an EPA request?
Summary of infographic
What happens once we receive your Gateway Evidence and EPA request?
- A request for EPA with Gateway Evidence is received 8 weeks before assessment is required
- The School checks the Gateway Evidence
- An assessor is allocated by the School
- The assessor contacts the employer to make the visit arrangements
- End-point Assessment is delivered
- Process is quality assured
- The results of the EPA are shared with the employer and apprentice