Statement published on 1st April 2020
We are considering all options for allocation of training places for a September intake
We appreciate that you will be experiencing uncertainty and frustration about the progress of your application. The current situation is unpredictable and changeable. We are working on the strong and desired assumption that it will be possible to start a new cohort of trainees on the Scientist Training Programme in September. We are considering all options for allocation of training places without the face-to-face multiple interviews. Our proposals must be developed with great care to ensure that we remain within employment law and acceptable practice and can provide a fair, transparent and quality-assured recruitment process.
We are grateful to applicants for having expressed their preference for training locations: this will give us a picture of the likelihood of being able to achieve a reasonable match of trainees to the training places available. In the present circumstances we cannot be sure that all the training places originally advertised will still be in a position to take on a trainee come September but, for the time being, we are assuming they will.
We will let all applicants know the precise details of how we intend to proceed as soon as a definitive decision has been made. We will provide a further update by April 10th. As soon as we have every step of the revised a process in place we will explain it to you and ask you whether you want to go ahead with your application on that basis.
Please find below information dependent on your role for STP recruitment interviews.