- Published on
- 2nd November 2022
- Filed under
- Healthcare science, Learning and Development
The Future Leaders Programme offers opportunities for medical and dental trainees, as well as nurses and other healthcare professionals, to do a one year ‘out of programme experience’ Leadership Fellowship to help grow and develop their personal leadership skills.
The programme aims to enable Leadership Fellows to:
- Gain practical and academic experience in clinical leadership from local experts in the field.
- Build a network of expert contacts with medical and NHS management leaders.
- Enhance skills and competencies that are essential for future medical leaders.
- Develop competencies relevant to the dimensions defined in the Healthcare Leadership Model.
- Undertake a one year postgraduate qualification e.g. in leadership or medical education.
- Develop and deliver a specialty or management driven project that is relevant to the specific needs of the NHS.
During the 12 month programme Leadership Fellows will have access to a variety of development opportunities. They will meet regularly and also organise their own annual Future Leaders Conference. Candidates should demonstrate an awareness of the leadership skills that they would like to develop, and the motivation to engage with the opportunities that the programme offers.
Important dates for applicants
The deadline for applications is 4:00pm on Friday 11th November 2022. Interviews will be held between 5th to 16th December, with successful applicants due to start in post in August 2023.
For further information about the vacancies visit the Health Education Yorkshire and Humber website.