Health Education England’s National School of Healthcare Science (NSHCS) acts as a hub for healthcare scientists delivering training across the NHS. The School is recognised by the Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC) as the education provider for the Scientist Training Programme (STP). Working with over 30 different specialties, the STP produces scientists who are changing patient and clinical outcomes, contributing to multi-professional and integrated working, and leading in many areas of innovation and translational research within the NHS. Patients are at the heart of the STP, our trainees must all learn about good patient care and safety and ensure all their work focuses on creating maximum benefit to the patient.
About the Committee
The Quality and Standards Committee (QSC) provides governance and oversight to ensure the quality of the STP enabling those successfully completing the programme to fulfil the requirements of the HCPC to register as a Clinical Scientist.
What roles are we looking to fill?
We are looking to appoint the following roles to join as members of the QSC to ensure the assurance of the quality of STP. The representatives will contribute to the decision-making and improvement process. Click here to apply for one of these roles.
- Chair of the QSC committee (1 position)
- Clinical Scientists representatives (4 positions)
- HEI academic representatives (2 positions)
- Learner representatives (2 positions)
Our recruitment timelines
Expressions of interest
- Chair role: 22nd June – 4th July 2021
- All other roles: 22nd June – 11th July 2021
- Chair role: 5th July – 12th July 2021
- All other roles: 12 July – 19 July
- Chair role: week beginning 19th July 2021
- All other roles: week beginning 2nd August 2021
Confirmation of Appointments
- Chair role: 23rd July 2021
- All other roles: 9th July 2021
- August 2021
- August 2021
First Full QSC Meeting
- September 2021
For further information or to discuss in more detail, please contact Virginia de La Hamayde (Professional Standards and Improvement Manager) or telephone 07825342351.