We offer the End-point Assessment for the following:
|Healthcare science assistant ST0218 – Level 2||Approved for delivery from 10th May 2016|
|Healthcare science associate ST0220 – Level 4||Approved for delivery from 10th October 2016|
|Healthcare science practitioner ST0413 (degree) – Level 6||Approved for delivery from 10th March 2017|
Selecting us to provide your End-point Assessment
The benefits of using us as an End-point Assessment Organisation are:
- We provide assessments that are valid, reliable, comparable, and manageable with specialist knowledge.
- We are a not for profit organisation.
- We maintain credibility and value in the design and application of our specifications and assessment tools through our extensive expertise.
- We recruit and train healthcare scientists from across all specialisms and we have a national network of independent assessors.
- We ensure resources for delivering the EPA are fair and ‘fit-for-purpose’.
- We understand the healthcare employment sector and uphold as well as adhere to the expected standards within the NHS.
- The Academy for Healthcare Science (AHCS) provides the external quality assurance for the approved Standards and we have been successfully assessed by the AHCS.
- We provide regular training and standardisation activities.
- We support continuous professional development of people involved in assessments who are experts in their field.
As a registered End-point Assessment organisation, we are responsible for ensuring that endpoint assessments are valid, reliable, comparable, manageable, and minimise bias.
We do this by:
- Maintaining credibility and value in the design and application of our specifications and assessment tools.
- Ensuring that the people and resources involved in EPA are fit for purpose.
- Working collaboratively with all stakeholders.
- Quality assuring the delivery of EPAs, using a risk-based approach.
- Providing regular standardisation activities.
- Ensuring that those involved in the assessment and quality assurance (QA) of our EPAs undertake relevant continuous professional development (CPD).
- Ensuring high quality reporting and management of information.
- Encouraging feedback on our service and delivery.
- Ensuring lessons learned and continuous improvement.
Support and delivery
- We offer employers and providers support visits to guide assessors and managers of apprentices on how to support an apprentice towards obtaining successful End-point Assessment outcomes.
- We also give employers and training providers support materials and resources which will be available across all of the standards for which we are approved to deliver End-point Assessment.
- All materials offered are included within the End-point Assessment cost and these will be sent to training providers and employers on signing up to the service. This material is the intellectual property of the School.
- During the delivery of standards and end-point assessment, new opportunities for support may be identified by employers and training providers. We have a quality process as outlined in the IQA policy for reviewing new support requirements and will develop new materials as part of this process.
The School is in discussion with organisations that have had Healthcare standards approved and require the services of an EPAO. If you need EPAO support for a healthcare standard please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org or call 0121 695 2291.
Healthcare Science Apprenticeship Co-Ordinator, Sheffield Teaching Hospitals
We have a great working relationship with the team at NSHCS and they run some very supportive sessions and are always looking for ways to improve. They have also looked at EPA in a logical way for healthcare science.