What are the main stages of the process?
The EPA process is broken down into seven stages:
- A contract is signed with the School
- Your apprentice is registered on the Individualised Learner Record (ILR)
- Confirmation the apprentice is gateway ready
- An assessor is selected
- The End-point Assessment is delivered
- The EPA process is quality assured
- A certificate is awarded
Registering your apprentice
You must register your apprentice on the Individualised Learner Record (ILR) so that they can start their apprenticeship. You will need our ID number EPA0140 when you register your apprentice.
We can only have a contractual agreement with a main employer and/or supporting provider that is listed on the Register of Apprenticeship Training Providers (RoATP).
If you are not listed on the apprentices Individualised Learner Record (ILR) as the main provider then, you should have a discussion with the main provider if you have subcontract agreements in place.
Complete the relevant Memorandum of Agreement (MoA)
You will find all our terms and conditions, along with an overview of the EPA process, in our Memorandum of Agreement. Please complete the MoA and email it to us at email@example.com. The School will sign the MoA and contact you for a discussion. Once that has been done you can make applications for EPA through our registration form.publications
Booking your End-point Assessment
The standards specify the amount of learning an apprentice has to undertake before they can take their EPA. The time between a booking request and assessment is usually eight weeks. We recommend you register your apprentices with us as early as possible, so they can start using our EPA support services and you can plan your bookings.
The eight week booking window gives you time to manage gateway, submit any evidence needed and confirm the booking dates with us. The booking window may be smaller depending on when you make your booking request. Once you make a booking request our EPA team will manage the scheduling with you.
What happens once we receive your Gateway Evidence and EPA request?
Once we’ve received your request the following will occur:
- the School will check the Gateway Evidence
- an assessor is allocated by the School
- the assessor will contact the employer to make the visit arrangements
- the End-point Assessment is delivered
- the process is quality assured
- the results of the EPA are shared with the employer and apprentice