NHS healthcare science ambassadors help to:
- Run science and engineering clubs;
- Provide careers guidance and mentoring to interested students;
- Facilitate NHS work based placements for both teachers and students.
As an ambassador you would give as little as half a day a year to help promote healthcare science as a profession, while also sharing your enthusiasm about a science career in the NHS. It is not a big time commitment but it can make a big difference in your area, particularly to young people in schools and colleges. You could get involved in:
- Mentoring and careers talks
- Science festivals and fairs
- Community and youth groups
- STEM Club activities
You will also benefit by increasing your confidence in your presentation skills, and gaining a sense of achievement and satisfaction with the work you are doing.