Healthcare Science Week 2024
Healthcare Science Week, 11-15 March 2024 brings together over 50 scientific specialisms and professional groups to celebrate and raise awareness of this diverse NHS workforce.
How can you get involved?
Healthcare Science Week is a Trusts’ chance to tell their local community and other health professionals first-hand about how science and technology is vital in modern patient care and changes lives for the better. It’s also an invaluable opportunity for existing healthcare science staff to inspire the next generation of healthcare science staff by promoting the new career structures in local schools and colleges.
Getting involved in healthcare science week is easy and there are many ways you can take part. Your trust could have a stand in a public area or the foyer of the hospital, give a presentation in a school or college, or invite school and college students into one of the healthcare science departments.
Raise awareness of the diverse roles within healthcare science
- Tell us about your healthcare science profession – we’re building a collection of trainee profiles and want to hear from you. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Join in discussions on Twitter and share activities with #HCSWeek24.
- Download social media banners, Microsoft Teams backgrounds and email signatures (available soon).
- Speak to colleagues, family members, friends or your local community about your role in healthcare science and the impact it makes on NHS care and patients.
Inspire people to think about a career in healthcare science
- Host a stand in a public area or the foyer of your hospital.
- Give a presentation, in person or virtually, to a school, college, university, science society or club, or even your trust board.
- Become a STEM Ambassador for healthcare science. Find out more and download the healthcare science ambassador toolkit from NHS Health Careers.
Resources to help promote Healthcare Science Week 2024
Healthcare Science Week 2024 resources coming soon.