We need to expand our pool of assessors for the STP final assessment. We are committed to a diverse and inclusive approach to the recruitment to and assessment of the STP and would welcome applications from all appropriately qualified healthcare science specialties. We are particularly seeking assessors in the following specialties:
- Cardiac Science
- Clinical Bioinformatics Genomics
- Clinical Measurement and Development
- Clinical Pharmaceutical Science
- Imaging (Non-Ionising Radiation)
- Medical Device and Risk Management
- Ophthalmic and Vision Sciences
- Radiation Safety Physics
- Reconstructive Science
- Vascular Science
How to apply
If you are interested in becoming an assessor, or know of colleagues who would like to become an assessor, please complete our expression of interest form. You will be asked to submit a CV at a later date.
Important information for potential assessors
- The STP final assessment is held in Summer (main presentation), Winter and Spring. The dates are published on the our website at least one year in advance.
- The expected time commitment is 3 days maximum per interview panel assessing 4 trainees per assessment event, plus one day training.
- Training is provided ahead of the first assessment, currently via two MS Teams meetings. We also provide refresher training and ongoing support and guidance. Assessor training dates for 2022 are:
- Assessors do not receive a fee or salary, but the School does reimburse all reasonable expenses as outlined in our Expenses Claims Policy, where applicable.
- Further details about the STP assessor role and the person specification for assessors are available.