The Chief Scientific Officer has announced the Healthcare Science Apprenticeship Programme. The programme showcases 3 new Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standards for the healthcare science support workforce at:
- Level 2 (Healthcare Science Assistant)
- Level 4 (Healthcare Science Associate)
Also announced was a degree apprenticeship; BSc (Hons) for Healthcare Science Practitioners including Biomedical Scientists. Details of the standards and associated end-point assessments (EPAs) are available. Links to the relevant information are listed below.
- HCS Assistant Standard and EPA
- Level 2 Diploma
- HCS Associate and EPA
- Level 4 Diploma – available September 2017
- HCS Practitioner Standard (EPA pending)
Employers are encouraged to work with their local universities to implement these degree apprenticeships from September 2017.