The Chief Scientific Officer has announced the Healthcare Science Apprenticeship Programme. The programme showcases 3 new Trailblazer Apprenticeship Standards for the healthcare science support workforce at:
- Level 2 (Healthcare Science Assistant)
- Level 4 (Healthcare Science Associate)
Also announced was a degree apprenticeship; BSc (Hons) for Healthcare Science Practitioners including Biomedical Scientists. Details of the standards and associated end-point assessments (EPAs) are available. Links to the relevant information are listed below.
- HCS Assistant Standard and EPA
- Level 2 Diploma
- HCS Associate and EPA
- Level 4 Diploma – available September 2017
- HCS Practitioner Standard (EPA pending)
Employers are encouraged to work with their local universities to implement these degree apprenticeships from September 2017.
Please contact Professor Shelley Heard for queries and further information.