This report summarises the findings from the two exit surveys completed by trainees and training officers from the 2011 and 2012 Scientist Training Programme cohorts.
Summary of research aims
These evaluation surveys were an opportunity for trainees and training officers to reflect on their experiences of this new programme and to provide suggestions for improvements. The analysis of the survey data therefore sought to address the following questions:
- What are the key trends and issues identified?
- What are the positive/negative impacts of the training on trainees and training officers?
- What aspects of the training have gone well?
- What aspects of the training have not gone well?
- Comparing the feedback from the 2011 and 2012 cohorts, is the overall feedback about the training less or more positive/negative or the same?
- What important aspects of the feedback should the School act upon in order to improve the training?