The School is supporting this years ‘Science in Health Research Award’ at the Chief Scientific Officer (CSO) Awards 2017. The ‘Science in Health Research Award’ celebrates those clinical academic healthcare scientists who have undertaken groundbreaking research in the name of science in health, and who have in turn established strong foundations for scientific innovations to make a real difference in patient care. The judges will be looking for individuals who can demonstrate how their research has impacted the healthcare science community and wider NHS.
Speaking about the CSO Awards 2017, Professor Sue Hill OBE, Chief Scientific Officer for NHS England said “The CSO Healthcare Science Awards showcase the crucial contribution that science makes to the NHS and public health to ensure high quality care for all, now and for future generations.”
The award categories for this year are:
- Healthcare Scientist of the Year Award
- Healthcare Science Rising Stars
- Healthcare Science Partnering Patients and Citizens Award
- Women in Science and Engineering Engagement Award
- CSO Shirley Fletcher Apprenticeship Award
- CSO Equality and Diversity Leadership Award
- Science in Health Research Award
- Science Driving Innovation in Healthcare Delivery Award
Further details on the award categories is available together with information on the criteria and how to apply. You can also visit the website for more details.
The deadline for submissions is 5pm on Monday 30 January 2017 and shortlisted candidates will be interviewed on Thursday 16 February 2017. The winners will be announced at the awards ceremony on the evening of 6 March 2017, as part of the CSO Annual Conference.