The 5-year funded programme has been developed to enable a selected cohort of healthcare scientists to be trained to take on the role of a consultant scientist. It is a programme that is both flexible and bespoke to the individual.
Key features of the programme
- Registration as a clinical scientist or biomedical scientist being a pre-requisite.
- A bespoke work-based and academic training programme aimed at developing consultant scientist level skills and qualifications.
- The incorporation into the training programme of all or part of a professional doctorate award according to trainee previous experience and qualifications and comprising modules in:
- High level scientific and clinical knowledge
- Leadership and professionalism
- Research and innovation
The design of the HSST programme is underpinned by Good Scientific Practice – which sets out the principles, values and the standards of behaviour and practice for the healthcare science workforce. These are visionary programmes and are aimed at producing tomorrow’s consultant scientists, capable of meeting the scientific needs of the healthcare system.