If you have applied to the STP you must complete the online situational judgment test during the test window. The test window will not open until after the STP application deadline. Failure to complete the SJT before the deadline date will result in your application being rejected. Click this link to view the key dates for the SJT.
You only have one opportunity to take the situational judgement test. Before you begin, it is your responsibility to read the guidance and frequently asked questions and to read the instructions at the start of the test.
It is very important that you complete your situational judgment test in a timely manner. The NSHCS cannot guarantee all queries will be answered during the last 48 hours of the online test window.
How to access the SJT
You will receive an email from Pearson VUE (the SJT provider) with details on how to create an account together with a link to the test. Pearson VUE will use the email address you used to create your Oriel account.
If you haven’t received an email from Pearson VUE 1 day prior to the SJT opening date, check all junk/spam email folders and the email address used on the application form. If nothing is found contact Pearson VUE at https://home.pearsonvue.com/nshcs/contact. Alternatively visit https://home.pearsonvue.com/nshcs and select ‘forgot my username’. Complete the relevant fields and submit. Next select ‘forgot my password’ complete the relevant fields and submit.
Tips for completing the SJT
Here are some things to consider when completing your SJT.
- Make sure you are somewhere quiet and free from interruption.
- Check the technical requirements for the test.
- Use a desktop PC or laptop to complete the online test, and ensure you have a stable internet connection.
- Close all other browser tabs, windows, and applications before you begin.
- When answering any question, do not click the ‘back’ button or refresh the page.
- Make sure that the test says ‘You have now completed the examination’ before you log out of the system.
- You can increase the size of the text on the screen at any time by pressing the CTRL and + buttons and decrease it again by pressing the CTRL and – buttons. You can reset the size to default by pressing CTRL and 0.
- The blue line dividing the scenario from the response options can be moved. You will need to click onto the blue line and move to the desired area to adjust each area if required.
- There is the option to flag items to return to.
- Look at the glossary for terms which are unfamiliar.
Technical requirements for the SJT
The computer system you use for this test must meet these minimum requirements.
|Mobile devices||iOS and Android devices are not supported.|
|Network connection||Pearson VUE strongly recommends using a wired network rather than a wireless network, since a wired network provides better exam delivery performance.|
What technical restrictions are there?
The SJT provider, Pearson VUE, is a US based business, and as such is not allowed to do business in OFAC-sanctioned countries, which include:
- North Korea
- Syrian Arab Republic (Syria)
- The Sevastopol/Crimea region of Ukraine
If a candidate’s email address is from a sanctioned country, that candidate will be unable to take the SJT. Click this link for a full list of sanctions, programmes and country information.
If you are currently residing in one of the sanctioned countries, please email email@example.com for further information.
What if I have technical problems during the SJT?
As the applicant you are responsible for checking the above requirements are met. We recommend you read the guidance and FAQ’s available on the Pearson VUE website both prior to starting the SJT and in the event of any technical issues. Here you will find the technical requirements, trouble-shooting advice and contact details for technical support.