Entry requirements for international applicants FAQs

Questions and answers about entry requirements for international STP applicants.

Does the NSHCS provide sponsorship to applicants who require a Skilled Worker Visa (previously known as tier 2)?

Should you be successful and receive an offer, Health Education England will provide sponsorship providing you meet the minimum of 70 points under the Points Based System. Further details on the Points Based System can be found on the Home Office website.

What level of English language competency is required?

It is essential that you have the communication skills to enable you to perform the role effectively. You must also be able to demonstrate and provide evidence that you can achieve the standards set for clinical scientists by the Health and Care Professions Council. Please refer to the STP entry requirements for further details.

I am from outside of the UK; do I have the right to work in the UK?

Where possible you must establish your right to work in the UK before applying. Please refer to the national guidance from Health Education England and the UK Visas and Immigration Service to check your eligibility. If you require a Tier 2 visa to work and train in the UK please visit the Home Office website for the latest guidance.

As a non UK applicant - what do I need to do?

If you hold an international qualification you will need to provide a UK ENIC Statement of Comparability. This statement should be obtained prior to the application opening date and will need to be attached to your Oriel application. The UK ENIC Statement of Comparability must confirm that the ‘Comparable UK qualifications: Bachelor (Honours) degree’. If the statement contains Comparable UK qualifications: Bachelor (Ordinary) degree then your degree is not equivalent and your application will not proceed in the recruitment process.