Follow-up from the MRP
The MRP is intended as a supportive and facilitative process for trainees and their training officers. The School will follow up as informed by the review evidence, comments/concerns/issues highlighted on the evaluation reports and outcome decision.
The following list provides examples (but is not restricted to) of follow up from the review:
- Actions from trainee and training officer relating to the training plan and/or MSF
- Actions from trainee relating to engagement/progress on academic component/s
- A non-compliance form to be completed by trainee and/or training officer if they have not engaged with MRP. Non-compliance is viewed as a serious transgression and a justification will be required for review by the School and if appropriate, HEE commissioners.
- Support and advice provided by the NSHCS to help address highlighted issues/concerns/barriers and which have not been possible to resolve locally in discussion with employer, HEI or other.
- Actions requested of the employer/training department or HEI where evidence indicates justified serious issues with the provision of workplace training opportunities or academic components of the programme.
- A request for trainee and/or training officers to attend an MRP panel meeting to agree actions to facilitate progression where evidence indicates serious concern/barriers relating to the trainee’s progress. The panel will be chaired by a senior member of the School and formed as appropriate to the evidence. The panel may comprise but is not restricted to a speciality senior scientist, representative from the trainee’s HEI, the HEE commissioning group and lay advisor.
- In exceptional circumstances, with all possible avenues to facilitate progression exploited, if evidence demonstrates that the trainee is failing to progress as necessary, they will be supported to exit from the STP programme.