We will follow-up as informed by the review evidence, comments, concerns and issues highlighted on the evaluation reports and outcome decision.
The following list provides some examples of follow-up from the review:
- Actions from the trainee and workplace supervisor relating to the training plan and/or MSF.
- Actions from the trainee relating to the engagement/progress on the academic component/s.
- A non-compliance form is to be completed by the trainee and/or workplace supervisor if they have not engaged with the ARP. Non-compliance is viewed as a serious transgression and a justification will be required, for review by the School and if appropriate the HEE commissioners.
- Support and advice will be provided by the School to help address any highlighted issues, concerns or barriers which have not been possible to resolve locally in discussion with the employer, HEI or other.
- Actions will be requested of the employer / training department or MAHSE, where the evidence indicates justified serious issues with the provision of workplace training opportunities or academic components of the programme.
- A request for the trainee and/or workplace supervisor to attend an ARP panel meeting, to agree actions to facilitate progression where evidence indicates serious concerns or barriers relating to the trainee’s progress. The panel will be formed as appropriate to the evidence and may comprise, but is not restricted to, representatives from the School, speciality senior scientist, MAHSE, AHCS, HEE commissioning group, lay advisor.
- In exceptional circumstances and with all possible avenues to facilitate progression exploited, if evidence demonstrates that the trainee fails to progress as necessary, they will be supported to exit from the HSST programme.