Criteria for 2024
Trainees are expected to complete as much of their OneFile e-portfolio evidence as possible, but where COVID-19 has made this impossible we will accept the following as a minimum:
- 100% completion of ‘SCC110: Introduction to Healthcare Science, Professional Practice and Clinical Leadership’.
- 100% completion of the specialist modules undertaken in years 2 and 3.
- 2 x Multi Source Feedback (MSF) assessments; completed on Agilio (formerly Clarity) and uploaded and signed off on OneFile.
- 100% completion of the trainee’s own specialist-related rotation modules assessments and competencies. This rotation is considered essential as a foundation for the specialism, and as it does not require attendance at an external department it is considered achievable. Completion of the other rotations is encouraged but will not be mandatory. The HCPC registered Clinical Scientist or Biomedical Scientist sign-off will be required to support this. Click this link for details of the rotational modules per specialism.
- There are particular requirements for Clinical Pharmaceutical Science, Clinical Microbiology, Clinical Measurement and Development and Clinical Bioinformatics (Physical Sciences). Click this link for information on the e-portfolio special considerations for these specialisms.
- A declaration by a HCPC registered Clinical or Biomedical Scientist of the trainee’s scientific specialty competence if the rotational modules are not fully completed on the e-portfolio.
- Completion of the elective module is optional and not required for completion purposes.
A module is deemed complete if all required competencies and assessments are completed to a satisfactory standard and signed off by the relevant assessor. Any competencies and assessments still pending assessment are deemed not complete.
Other completion requirements
- Successful completion of the Independent Assessment of Clinical Competence (IACC) final assessment.
- Successful completion of the Master’s (MSc) in Clinical Science.